Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Amanda Marcotte of Slate XX Covers Up The Truth On VAWA

When you say they (Republicans) do not support protection from domestic violence for women and men you are being disingenuous. You are a liar. By the way, Republicans historically have supported VAWA and in this case and others they are no friend of men.

The only class of men proposed to be given equal protection under law in this bill are gay men. Hetero men have no protection against assault under Federal law.

I find this objectionable and do not support this bill as it is against the interests of my gender class and sexual orientation class interests. Personally I think since we live in a divided nation without a Constitution and Bill of Rights it is important for us as a nation to stand with our own class when other classes propose laws against our respective classes interests.

The other objection they had was against the provisions that any immigrant that claims that a man assaulted them would be granted citizenship. The other was the added provisions that would extend the law to those that are gay or lesbian.

I'm wondering when unequal protection under law by religious orientation will be added.

Being that equal protection under law does not exist in my country I am not an American. I am a white, heterosexual male sovereign. I wish I could consider the term American to have a homogeneous definition.....it does not.

No comments: