Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sex Objects? or Reverence of Women?

I happened upon a picture the other day that reminded me when men were allowed to revere women, sung songs about them, named the dearest of machines after them and otherwise were allowed to or felt compelled to celebrate women.

It was well known in WW II that fighter and bomber missions over Nazi occupied Europe were in many cases a suicide mission. The connection men had with the planes that would carry them through to the end dead or alive were adorned with the comforting, powerful and inspirational pictures of women. They would christen these planes with the woman's name. She was something to fight for. We fought for her. She would metaphorically carry us in her womb, comfort us upon her breast. Our dear lady made our chest swell and gave us the comfort and courage to fight on, headlong into battle we carried her, she carried us through. The relationship and feelings these men had with their machines could only be encompassed by the feelings and reverence men have for women. She was beautiful!


Today our military planes and boats that see us through to the end are only machines. Men are no longer allowed, nor do they celebrate women. It is the pilot that takes on the identity of the aircraft with his tactical call sign. Boats are no longer given a woman's name. It is no longer bad fortune not to. The symbolic imagery and reverence of women has been snuffed out and castrated away from men.


Gentlemen, I present images from a time in which women and the thoughts and feelings of reverence for them would get us through our hard days at work and in times of battle. In the most prominent of male bastions men would display pictures of women called "pin ups". It was here that she was in the heart of the working man. She was a symbol of inspiration and a promise that if he worked hard enough he may someday have the woman of his dreams, a wife, a child a family. This is something that has been stolen from the masculine and is now punishable by law.

Below are some pictures that decorated so many World War II aircraft. Like the beautiful female images used as mastheads on old sailing ships.

---Feminists call these deepest of male expressions "sex objects". Display of "sex objects" constitutes what feminist call "sexual harassment"

Here are some of the best and meaningful male expressions of reverence of women in my opinion which were known as "nose art".















7 comments:

Daveyone said...

http://www.daveyonefamilylawman.blogspot.com/ Thought you would like to see my blog
Davey

Anonymous said...

I understand your argument. But I would like to add that the images are those of the idealize woman. The Hollywood beauty if you like. So in a way there were a deception,a fantasy figure which gave men a totally wrong impression of women.

I feel that like perhaps many others I was mislead by the images of female beauty and desirability that I saw in the fifties and sixties.

I suppose even now I feel cheated that what I saw and desired was not in anyway obtainable. But non the less I chased dreams and ended up in a nightmare.

Bwec said...

What drives and motivates people and culture are ideals. The sculptures that adorned the great halls of the Roman and Greek Empires showed the idealized body of men and women..

Should it have been so that the citizens demanded they be taken down?

When you suppress elements of human expression you stifle the human spirit and homogenize culture to the most sterile elements of the living experience.

Bwec said...

Thank you for the link to you blog. I will check it out.

jm_kaye said...

Excellent blog. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently talking about how involved with technology our daily lives have become. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further develops, the possibility of downloading our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could encounter in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/16129580/does-the-r4-or-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds]R4i[/url] DS OperaMod)

Bwec said...

To Anonymous::: Splendid propaganda and eerily subversive....I sense what I can only call "evil" from you...

I delete ads and nothing else on my blog but I will leave your advertisement up to remind everyone of their humanity..